Cragar has tagged me. This might be the equivalent of a chain letter, but I’ll give you my eight things:
Here are the rules:
* We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
* Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
* People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
* At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
* Don’t forget to leave them each a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I love computer games, the Myst series being chief. I also love to play video games on the Nintendo (we have original, 64, and Gamecube). My favorite Nintendo games are Turok, The Legend of Zelda (Windwaker), and Donkey Kong. The kids, hubby, and I would play for hours!
2. I have kept a journal for 36 years. Some I’ve burned to protect the innocent (me!) and a lot I still have in my closet. I love to buy diaries, planners, journals, and notebooks.
3. I love cats more than people!
4. I never went to a dentist until I was 24. Never had my ears pierced until I was 25. Never broken a bone.
5. I first went to college when I was 36 and got a Master’s Degree in English (Lit.) when I turned 43. In college I took medieval drama classes and in one I played Titivillus, the Devil in the medieval morality play Mankynd. It was the first time I ever acted on stage. Right before opening night I strained a back muscle and was hopped up on anti-inflammatory meds. I had to memorize numerous lines of text in Middle English. I also played a soldier in The York Crucifixion, and here’s a stretch, a martyred virgin in another drama. It was sort of fun, but I’ll never do that again! I have horrendous stage fright, which is why I did not become a teacher.
6. I was fired from my first job at the age of 18. I worked for an eye doctor.
7. I barely graduated high school because my friends and I would stay out all night going to discos and partying. I loved to dance in discos. My dance partner and I came in second at a dance contest at the State Fair.
8. My favorite movie is Rear Window. All of life is summed up in that movie. My favorite book is Stephen King’s The Stand. All of life is summed up in that book.
I don’t think I have eight internet friends that haven’t already been tagged, so whoever reads this, consider yourself tagged and leave a comment to direct us to your eight things! How’s that for putting the burden on others instead of myself?! 🙂